The Hound | Jan 06, 2012
Heading to San Diego for work or fun? Here are 5 fast facts about San Diego, CA.
- San Diego is nicknamed America’s Finest City
- San Diego is the 9th largest city in the United States
- San Diego is home to seventy miles of quaint and picturesque beaches
- San Diego enjoys beautiful weather throughout the year with an average daily temperature of 70.5 degrees Fahrenheit (21.4 degrees Celsius). At times, you can experience mountain, coastal, and desert environments all in one day
- San Diego was earlier named San Miguel by Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo; the first Portuguese explorer to land here. But it was renamed San Diego by Sebastian Vizcaino
About the Author: The Hound helps people find, research and connect with the conferences that enable them to grow their careers, enrich their professional lives and have fun while making the most of the conference-going experience.