The Hound | Jan 04, 2012
The San Diego Convention Center is located in the Marina District of downtown San Diego near the Gaslamp Quarter. The center’s most distinguishing feature is the Sails Pavilion where the roof consists of distinctive Teflon-coated fiberglass “sails” intended to reflect San Diego’s maritime history and proximity to the shore.
Aside from being recently renovated, expanded and an architectural work of art, here are five facts you may not know about San Diego’s top meeting place:
- The San Diego Convention Center is the 20th largest convention center in North America
- The San Diego Convention Center has been designated a “green” facility by the US Environmental Protection Agency
- Recently renovated and expanded to the tune of $216 million, the convention center nearly doubled in size 525,701 sq. feet of contiguous space
- 8 contiguous exhibit halls
- The Sails Pavilion boasts 90,000 sq. feet of column-free space
About the Author: The Hound helps people find, research and connect with the conferences that enable them to grow their careers, enrich their professional lives and have fun while making the most of the conference-going experience.