Matt O'Connell | Aug 20, 2012
Perpetually beautiful summer weather is no excuse to spend your evenings and weekends enjoying sunsets and sipping cocktails on the veranda. There will be plenty of time for all that after you’ve kicked some serious entrepreneurial ass and skyrocketed your professional self to the stratosphere. Here are some sexy upcoming events for this week, spread across the mediums of business, technology, social media and more to help you kickstart the dream (plus some other goofy stuff that you can hit up for craps and giggles).
- Next Generation Social Media & SEO – Step it Up! has your small business bases covered out in New York this week.
- Secrets of Social Media … shhh… don’t tell anybody.
- Facebook For Business offers some tips, tools and tricks on a stretch of marketplace you can’t afford to ignore.
- Prakky’s Twitter for Business 101 helps you tackle the other massive social platform with in-depth info and hardcore strategy.
- Social Media Strategies Summit in Colorado provides hands-on workshops, case studies, best practices, strong keynotes, emerging tactics and strategies and more.
Business & Technology
- TechHub Founders Secrets delivers a slew of practical anecdotes to help you kick off a successful startup.
- Marketing 101 provides principles and tips to put together a solid marketing plan for your business.
- GROW Conference brings together entrepreneurs, innovators and business leaders to discuss the new landscape of business, and how your company can stay relevant and profitable.
- Small Business Boot Camp Weekend might just be that kick-in-the-ass you’ve been waiting for. In a good way.
- iStrategy Global Digital Marketing Conference over in London brings the savviest Brits together to transform digital strategy and (presumably) defeat Dr. No once and for all.
Weird, Wild, Wacky
- Yapper Lab shows you how to talk like a pro. Weasel out of that parking ticket, wiggle yourself into a raise, entertain the crowd. Who knew charisma could be taught?
- TedxSantaMonica is one of those Ted Talk events we all know and love, this time focusing on Art. I believe you can figure out the location…
- FILM4 FrightFest is one of London’s biggest and scariest film festivals, cramming thousands of Bruce Campbell fans into one very campy crowd.
- Star Wars Celebration VI is an immersive fan experience, bringing the casual and hardcore fans together in Orland to buy exclusive merchandise, get obscure autographs, play games and just generally geek out all over the place.
- Speaking of Nerds…
About the Author: Matt hails from Boston and has a background in Film and Writing. As weather phenomena go, he prefers earthquakes to Nor'easters these days, so he's currently residing in the East Bay. He produced a feature film called "Night Sounds" after graduating from Emerson College, which premiered at a film festival in Massachusetts. Matt continues to write screenplays and work in the film community, while working as a freelance copywriter, editor, and part-time member of the Hound.