Matt O'Connell | Sep 03, 2012
It may be a short week for most of y’all, but it sure is a tasty one. The next seven days are loaded with opportunities for professional enrichment, cultural engagement and personal empowerment. I picked out some of my favorites and plopped them below, but don’t hesitate to scour our database yourself. This is just a sampling!
And don’t forget to spread the word with the handy social media buttons above!
Improve Your Business:
- Introduction to Social Media and Advanced Social Media are similar events, only one has better coffee.
- The Result Oriented Social Media Summit aims to address some of those concerns you had about talking heads gabbing about success but not putting any money where their mouth is…
- The DARE Conference is a big ‘ole experience with live music and sessions on self-empowerment, from branding your business to personal health.
- The Future of Digital Advertising is new trends, emerging ideas and traditional best practices, all with a forward-thinking approach.
- Content Marketing World claims to be an unmissable event with the largest gathering of content marketers in the world. If so, one might wonder why it’s located in Ohio?
- Small Business Leadership Forum is a great chance for all y’all down-south entrepreneurs to get some helpful tips over in Tampa.
- Disrupt SF Hackathon is a TechCrunch technology event boasting lots of savvy speakers and informative stuff in a fun, competitive and collaborative event.
Or, Play Hookie:
- The Democratic National Convention is upon us. Hopefully they’ll limit the number of crazy, rambling celebrities seeking to destroy their hard-earned reputation as a brilliant artist by making nonsensical jabs at an empty chair…
- EduWiki educates you, wiki-wise, diving into the significance, business and philosophy of wiki-based info sources on the world wide web.
- Bestival makes the short list in part due to its awesome name. It’s a four-day “boutique” music festival over in the UK.
- The NY Games Conference combines publishers, gamers, designers, developers and the like into a collaborative and informative environment. OK maybe this one’s more of a professional event and the “games” part fooled me.
- CyborgCamp Seattle is where the younger ‘borgs are gathering to plot the demise of the human race (or something).
- After Grimm: Fairy Tales and The Art of Story Telling says it all right in the title, and sounds like a pretty engaging event for all you budding writers out there.
- Also there’s a Comic-Con in Baltimore, a Geek.kon in Wisconsin and a Surf Expo in Orlando!
About the Author: Matt hails from Boston and has a background in Film and Writing. As weather phenomena go, he prefers earthquakes to Nor'easters these days, so he's currently residing in the East Bay. He produced a feature film called "Night Sounds" after graduating from Emerson College, which premiered at a film festival in Massachusetts. Matt continues to write screenplays and work in the film community, while working as a freelance copywriter, editor, and part-time member of the Hound.