Matt O'Connell | Aug 13, 2012
There are literally a bagillion events coming up this week on Conference Hound’s roster. We had to dig deep to scour up such a delicious pile of succulent social media conferences, mouthwatering business events and exotically tasty treats, so make sure you make the most of ‘em!
Every successful person or business needs a little social media to grease the wheels (and not appear to be an antisocial, self-righteous, old-fashioned hermit). Here’s a light sampling of this week’s many conferences to cure your social anxieties:
- SES San Francisco covers all your bases with a supremely comprehensive and high-end event.
- Introduction to Social Media helps you grow your business through the magic of interactions.
- Social Media for Business puts a focus on Facebook to make you a well “liked” company.
- Facebook Business Pages: Using Offers and Advertising to Grow Your Business isn’t very succinct in its title, but does manage to describe itself pretty well.
- Social Media Skills for Your Career is a workshop-based event with a whittled-down approach to aid the individual more than the business.
Business & Technology
From the hippest venture capitalist to the geekiest developer, there’s something you can learn from our broad smattering of educational, informational, inspirational events. Here’s a few tasty tidbits:
- Seminar for Success Chicago is a Google sponsored event that gives the inside track on getting the most out of Google.
- SpeechTEK highlights the voice-response part of the mobile industry, helping you more fluidly connect with your customer base right on the cutting edge or tech.
- Ins & Outs of Crowdfunding: Getting Capital for your Startup is another self-explanatory title. If you thought crowdfunding was just for little art projects, think again and check this one out.
- The Dawning of the Cloud is not quite as ominous as it seems, but rather, pretty helpful.
- Bend Venture Conference offers some high-level venture capitalists and some real-deal insights into getting the most bang for your hotly-desired buck.
- Search Marketing: Making SEO & Google AdWords Work for your Business … it would be patronizing of me to explain this one.
Weird, Fun & Cool
There’s a gaggle of stragglers in this week’s roster that decline to be categorized but which nonetheless must be recognized. Here’s a little peak:
- Make It Last Marriage Seminar with Ed Harris … who knew the bad guy from The Rock was doing double duty as a marriage counselor?
- Gamescom 2012 is a hugely attended, widely publicized gamer’s event over in Cologne, Germany which seems to promise some cool sneak peaks at upcoming goodies in the world of gaming.
- Sphero Hack Tour: Seattle appears to be a touring event which promises “a weekend of coding and robotic debauchery.” Need I say more?
- Master the Art of Online Dating with this seminar which claims it can teach you every trick in the book.
- Singularity Summit is not the antithesis of the previous entry, but an event looking into the future of humanity to determine when we will merge with (or be conquered by) our technological advancements.
So there’s your glimpse into a jam-packed week of jaw-dropping, career-changing, marriage-saving, business-growing goodness. Damn, is there anything conferences can’t do?
About the Author: Matt hails from Boston and has a background in Film and Writing. As weather phenomena go, he prefers earthquakes to Nor'easters these days, so he's currently residing in the East Bay. He produced a feature film called "Night Sounds" after graduating from Emerson College, which premiered at a film festival in Massachusetts. Matt continues to write screenplays and work in the film community, while working as a freelance copywriter, editor, and part-time member of the Hound.