Matt O'Connell | Aug 05, 2012
Welcome, Hounds! This fresh new week has plenty to offer, including (if you haven’t seen it yet) a brand new homepage on your home for event exploration (that’s us). What’s more, we’ve got thousands of new and awesome conferences that demand your attention. Each and every one of them is located right here on your home planet, just for your convenience. But, if our new rover finds a happenin’ event up there on the Red Planet, you better believe Conference Hound is gonna provide excellent coverage.
Meanwhile, here’s a sampling of the upcoming week’s earthly delights:
- An Event Apart is a design conference in Washington D.C. “for people who make websites.” Yeah, that means you.
- Blog Biz & Buzz Seminar, aka BBB, is an opportunity for businesses to get first-hand tips on running a successful blog, social media campaign and much more.
- Great British Beer Festival is a great excuse for those in the London area to pound a bunch of delicious beers.
- International Swingers’ Day Convention is everything it sounds like and more… attend this event to embrace your swingin’ lifestyle.
- Ethics of E-Mail and Social Media tackles the hard issues that bubble up when business try to achieve an effective but ethical social media campaign.
- Fundraising of the Future – A Better Way teaches the everyman how to raise much-needed cash via the magic of online auctions.
- Wizard World Chicago Comic Con brings pop culture center stage with an unabashed display of geekdom.
- Extreme Marketing Explosion Summit is more powerful, and less dangerous, than it sounds.
Now get out there and make us proud!
About the Author: Matt hails from Boston and has a background in Film and Writing. As weather phenomena go, he prefers earthquakes to Nor'easters these days, so he's currently residing in the East Bay. He produced a feature film called "Night Sounds" after graduating from Emerson College, which premiered at a film festival in Massachusetts. Matt continues to write screenplays and work in the film community, while working as a freelance copywriter, editor, and part-time member of the Hound.