Sylvia Marino | Jul 24, 2011
O’Reilly OSCON is in Portland July 25-29, 2011 and while we all know you’re there to learn the first thing is to figure out where to eat, drink and well – where the parties are.
So… here’s a quick round-up on
- Monday July 25 @5-7pm Android Happy Hour
- Monday July 25 @7-9pm Ignite OSCON
- Monday July 25 @9-11pm Birds of a Feather Sessions
- Tuesday July 26 @5-6pm Opening Reception
- Tuesday July 26 @6-8pm OSCON Carnival
- Tuesday July 26 @8-10pm - Puppet Labs Kick-off Party at OSCON
- Wednesday July 27 @5:40-7pm Booth Crawl
- Wednesday July 27 @7-9pm OpenStack Party
- Thursday July 28 @9-midnight Media Temple Party
ForgeRock is offering wrist bands for unlimited free drinks – learn more!
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
Food Carts: You cannot go wrong and the ability to satisfy everyone’s cravings are well – damn fine. Find food carts near the convention center and/or your hotel.
Clarklewis (1001 SE Water Ave) is a great place for wood-grilled meats and great starters.
Produce Row (204 SE Oak St) walking distance from the Convention Center with great outdoor seating to simply enjoy a brew with your crew.
Bunk Sandwiches (621 SE Morrison) for lunch
Bunk Bar (1028 SE Water St) offers live music and great grub.
Screen Door (2337 E Burnside St.) Top burgers along with southern comfort food. Carolina-style pulled-pork sandwiches and fried buttermilk-battered chicken.
About the Author: