Matt O'Connell | Aug 27, 2012
Welcome to your weekly round-up of upcoming events, all corralled into one handy, Houndy spot. I took the liberty of finding this week’s highlightable conferences and liberating them from our rich, deep inventory. Whether you’re involved in B2B, B2C or B2X (business to the eXtreme – duh), you’ll find something compelling enough to score your curiosity.
Please take the liberty of sharing this so that we can all revel in the sweetest treats that the event industry has to offer!
- A Little Birdie Told Me… Social Media For Business offers everything form choosing a platform to executing a strategy. A great kickoff point for business owners in the weeds.
- The Totally Bang Up-To-Date Social Media Doing Day has everything from basic leveraging of social media sites to super special awesome bonus tips!
- Social Media LIVE! is a four-hour interactive social-media-for-business workshop out in Sydney to get you out of the outback and into the interwebz.
- Can They Fire Me For Putting That On Facebook? Come on, you’ve wondered. Admit it.
Business & Technology
- An Event Apart Chicago is a two-day learning session for designers who build websites.
- Tech Cocktail’s L.A. Mixer & Startup Showcase serves up another reasonably-priced networking session to provide some social lubricant for the tech community.
- Cloud Technologies Expo is yet another cloud technology conference, but this one has the distinguishing honor of being Australia’s best and brightest.
- CloudOpen seeks to engage the future of computing with cloud-based education and discussion, based out of San Diego.
- Search Engine Marketing – How To Build Your Business Online has one of those nifty but long-winded titles that just says it all.
- San Francisco Symposium dives into the future of digital analytics, which is no small topic. Fortunately they got some savvy business leaders on board to shed some light.
- Inbound 2012 gathers East Coast marketers for a 3-day event in Boston, deepening their knowledge of inbound marketing with inspiring keynotes and in-depth sessions.
Film, Fun and Funky
- Burning Man is a gigantic cultural event that takes over the western half of the country for what seems like months, if one includes the lead-up hype and “after-burn” that surround it.
- Mobile Games SF Presents: Game Discovery collects a wide range of gaming aficionados, from gamers to publishers to put forth an actionable discussion on the next wave of mobile gaming.
- Chicon 7 – 70th World Science Fiction Convention … need I say more? This convention was kicking around before there was even a Roswell incident to argue about.
- Toronto International Film Festival, or TIFF, is one of the biggest and most talked-about film festivals in the world. Bustling with celebs and premieres, it’s a mandatory industry networking hotspot.
- Man Up – Equippers Mens’ Conference is for all the Tim Taylors of the world, seeking to display their masculinity with sporting events, storytelling and adventure-seeking. Is that reference too dated?
- Triumph Live is a big ‘ole motorcycle festival, celebrating Britain’s biggest and most iconic manufacturer of motorcycles.
Hit me up below if I’ve left something out, left the oven on, or left you wanting more…
About the Author: Matt hails from Boston and has a background in Film and Writing. As weather phenomena go, he prefers earthquakes to Nor'easters these days, so he's currently residing in the East Bay. He produced a feature film called "Night Sounds" after graduating from Emerson College, which premiered at a film festival in Massachusetts. Matt continues to write screenplays and work in the film community, while working as a freelance copywriter, editor, and part-time member of the Hound.