Key Strategies & Procedures for Minimizing Cost & Avoiding Risk in the New Global Economy
Gain practical strategies from an outstanding faculty of Canadian and U.S. insolvency and restructuring professionals, who will give you the latest, most critical information on:
• How to successfully manage the challenges presented by cross border files
• How Indalex has actually affected the ability to obtain distressed financing and whether Timminco has changed the playing field again
• What you need to be aware of when dealing with multi-jurisdictional CCAA filings
• Determining the scope of the regulatory carve out in CCAA filings in light of the Abitibi and Nortel decisions on environmental cleanup costs
• When and how to use the Canada Business Corporations Act to restructure a company
And much more!
PLUS! Practical, interactive workshops:
A. Comparative Analysis of the Fundamentals of Canadian & American Insolvency Law – What You Need to Know to Successfully Manage Cross Border Files
B. How to Avoid Formal Proceedings: Negotiating Arrangements and Successful Workouts
Earn CPD hours! Visit www.CanadianInstitute.com/Insolvency/Accreditation for more information.
Call toll free 1-877-927-7936 or visit www.CanadianInstitute.com/Insolvency.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference in October!
90 Bloor Street East
Who You Will Meet:
• Lawyers practicing insolvency, bankruptcy and restructuring law
• In-house counsel
• Trustees, Receivers, Analysts
• Corporate recovery managers and directors
• Senior lenders and special loans managers for financial institutions
• Turnaround specialists
• Auditors and accountants
• Forensic accountants