Following the success of the 1st edition of Aseptic Surgery Forum (Paris, 26th & 27th March 2010) that gathered over 1.100 participants from twenty countries, the second edition will take place on 3rd & 4th April 2012 in Espace Champerret, Paris. The different medical specialities as well as the various technologies contributing to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of surgical infections will be represented.
By liaising and fostering exchanges between professionals from different fields, this new international multidisciplinary meeting should give a boost to innovation and increase health workers’ involvement, with the goals to:
• Structure and improve the management of infected patients
• Improve professional practices in terms of hygiene
• Develop technologies and design medical devices to limit risks together with the industries;
• Promote and explore fundamental research on the mechanisms underpinning these infections that are still little known;
• Bring together international practitioners and experts from special medical, pharmaceutical and technological fields involved in the fight against infection.
* Orthopedic Surgeons and other specialties
* Operating room nurses
* Physician: Anesthetists, hygienists, Radiologists, Reanimators, Rheumatologist, accident and emergency Doctor ; Bacteriologists, Infectious specialists, Microbiologist
* Hospital and clinic Manager, purchasing and technical manager
* Reeducation centers
* Architect and design office
* Equipment and design suppliers
* Pharmaceutical companies
* Medical Devices suppliers
* Products and technologies suppliers
* Service providers
* Consulting and formation
This first edition dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of surgical infection has gathered over 1.000 participants from some twenty countries and about sixty Exhibitors.
According from the evaluation report, 95% of the participants were satisfied with the overall organisation, conferences and exhibition.