Seventh Annual Wound Care Symposium 2012 brings together nationally and internationally known wound care experts to focus on practical clinical applications of the most current evidence-based protocols for care of venous and diabetic ulcers. At Seventh Annual Wound Care Symposium 2012 discussion topics will include atypical ulcers and how to distinguish these from common chronic wounds of unusual etiologies.
Upon completion of the Seventh Annual Wound Care Symposium 2012, participants should be better able to:
• Explain the tenets of avoidability and describe clinical situations of extreme risk wherein pressure ulcers may not be avoidable
• Examine cases of pressure ulcers and determine if they meet the criteria for unavoidable or avoidable.
• Implement evidence-based clinical strategies related to the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of inflammatory wounds to optimize patient outcomes
• Identify the causes of diabetic foot ulcers
• Recognize the structure and function of normal skin anatomy and identify the patterns of aging that increase the risk of skin tears
• Identify indications for wound dressing selection and list the advantages and disadvantages of different dressing categories
Join The Seventh Annual Wound Care Symposium 2012 on September 22, 2012.
3300 Southwest 27th Avenue
Miami, FL 33133
Wound Care Practitioners, Family Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Podiatrists, Surgeons, Vascular Surgeons, Infectious Disease Physicians, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists, Registered Dietitian, Dietetic Technicians, Registered, Occupational Therapy Assistants, and Radiologic Technologists