First Class Care has exclusively partnered with The Charles MacPherson Academy to bring Chicago it’s world-renowned training courses. This training course features the exact same material taught in their famous Butler & Household Manager’s School.
This one day table setting class is designed for Household Managers, Butlers, Professional Chef’s in private households, Executive Housekeepers and Professional Waiters.
During the program, students will have hands-on experience. Each student will receive a color workbook and textbooks will be available at an additional cost.
This hands-on class will include:
- The eight methods of table service
- When to use each method of table service based on the situation
- How to correctly set an individual place setting
- Understanding the multiple of 4 rule when setting a table
- Understanding the 24” rule how it works and how to apply it
- Review of the order of precedence for seating guests around the table
- How to use a Butler Stick when setting a place setting & table
- How to correctly serve and clear at the table
- Dealing with table top decorations
- How to seat guests at their place setting
- Napkin folding
- Practice setting both rectangular, round and square tables
- how to serve based on the shape of the table
At the conclusion of this course, students who successfully complete the program and testing requirements will graduate with a certificate as per our governance.
August 19, 2012
9am - 5pm
Cost for the Course:
First Class Care Candidate / Client $189.00
Non-First Class Care Candidate / Client $275.00
DEMA Member $239.00
STAY AT THE SHERATON HOTEL:Please call 800-325-3535 for reservations
» See All: Beverage Conferences